Wednesday, April 15, 2020

Anger or Fear? - I Choose FREEDOM!

Do you know where your anger comes from? Do you ask? Is it inside you or outside?

Same for your fears, where do they come from? How many, which have been projected your way, have you accepted as your own? How many of those fears require your ignorance to exist?

Do you enjoy living in the duality of those states? Wouldn't it be good to find the roots of them in order to rid yourself of them and live more freely? All it takes are honest questions.

Here is a short list of some common fears (did you know there is a 'Top 100' list of phobias?):


1) Fear of death - perhaps the most common and which is the parent for a great many fears including all dealing with physical 'security'. 
  • Fear of pain/suffering, fear of sickness, fear of heights (which could really be a fear of falling), fear of water, fear of drowning, fear of scarcity, fear of flying, fear of the unknown, fear of change; and the list goes on and on.

 

2) Fear of judgment of others (I wonder how this could be used to manipulate) - perhaps we have been conditioned to judge others so much, that they will 'tow the line' and 'behave' while censoring and policing themselves. This fear is hugely based on guilt.

  • Fear of failure - and really, failing at what? At what is projected to be 'success'? At what you have built up inside  your mind through years of 'prompting' and 'nudging' through various sorts of 'input? 
  • Fear of public speaking - "will I speak clearly, will they laugh, what will they think, am I dressed right, will I look foolish (to whom?)..." It never ceases to amaze me at the seemingly infinite number of scenarios we create in our own minds in order to not even attempt doing something.    

 

Fear of crowds - this one could fall into either  of the above as it could be a fear of people 'watching' or judging as it could be of people being a deadly 'threat'. I wonder how many 'fears' are based on fearing other people?

Have we been so conditioned to believe that this world is so perilous to our well being that we can not survive on it without 'medical intervention'? That to live Naturally could be a 'risk' to everyone? And that most people are capable of of 'wanting' to hurt-kill-rob you? Are we to the point where we simply fear anything which is presented and anyone which is not?

Perhaps one need only look at how many people actually believe that all insects, reptiles and amphibians in Australia want to kill you. Just because something 'can' kill you, doesn't mean it wants to or will.

Just look around the room you are in right now and think of all the things that 'can' kill you, are you afraid of them? If not, why is that? Is a kitchen knife not something which 'can' kill you? Is it because you are familiar with it, have a knowledge of it? Is it because it is not 'invisible'? What about your 'electricity'? Do you have knowledge of that? Are you afraid of it? If not, why? Is is because someone else 'takes care' of that? If the wall outlet suddenly began to spark (zap zap), would you react in fear or be capable of examining the situation and coming to a rational conclusion (turn off the breaker)?

One thing of note is that many 'fears' which people seem to exhibit these days are 'projected' from outside sources usually quoting 'experts' and are based on the receiver remaining in ignorance; Fears based on Ignorance.

Now, this fear is not like the fear of the unknown from above, this fear can also be classified into both categories but this fear will be defended to the end for admitting it means admitting one's ignorance and that word has been twisted to mean stupidity and looked down upon (judgment). The whole thing is ironic really, for I view stupidity as defending one's ignorance because you cannot get past that without first admitting the lack of knowledge.

As I mentioned in my article before, Speak Honestly to yourself about what your fears are and where they actually come from. Especially those which you submit control of your life to and encourages you to force that submission upon others.

A personal experience on fear:

One of the jobs I did, I had a multi-tool and a knife on my belt. One day, I go into the bar after work to relax and play some pool. I play with a woman and her boyfriend and we sit and chat and drink. The man leaves and the woman stays and we continue to talk. At one point, the woman goes to join some younger men (18-20) and calls me over to partake in some cannabis which was being passed around at the table outside. So I join, we smoke, we talk, we drink and then the subject of fear comes around as I was climbing radio towers and they had expressed their fears of 'heights'. When I was asked what it was I feared, I had no answer, I said "well, I don't really think about it so nothing really".

I immediately found out that this was not an acceptable answer and had about 5 of those young men stand as the largest one decided he had to stand me down and intimidate me. I stood up, face to face and realized they were intent on beating the fear into me if they had to.

So I looked this young lad in the eye and gently removed my folded knife from its sheath and placed it on the table (which is apparently called "pulling a knife" in those parts). I then proceeded to tell him "OK big man, if you want to show me some fear and prove that you're so tough big man, there's my knife, open it up and plunge it into my heart big man, go on, it's right there and I offer it to you big man; do it big man." He picked up the knife and threw it across the yard while calling me "crazy" and then he and his friends murmured and left.

Was I 'afraid'? Probably more so of getting beat and some idiot causing permanent damage than the knife in the heart.

The point is that I do not accept nor validate fears based upon ignorance, and neither should anyone. People talk big but inside they are afraid and they don't even know why they fear nor why you must. In retrospect, I can see how the Programmed Ego needs to validate its irrational fears, even if only in its own mind.

Fear is not a way to LIVE. It is not a 'policy' maker. When examined, even on the surface, most fears simply fade away with awareness. Yet we have built an entire 'civilization' on it. Our system of "Obey or be Punished" is one based solely on fear. Yay, how evolved are we? Is this really how we humans WANT to live?

So what Is Wrong With YOU?

STAND UP! You are a lot stronger than you believe.

QUESTION EVERYTHING! You are capable of so much more intelligence than you give yourself credit for.

BE FREE! By refuting the 'authority' others may claim upon you.

And most of all - MIND YOUR OWN BUSINESS! - It's not up to you to 'enforce' bad ideas, it's up to you to challenge them.

Haven't you had enough yet?

What will it take for you to WANT to be FREE?

FREEDOM is never afraid and begins in the mind.

1 comment:

harrypapis said...

I really have no fears that I can think of either but I do wonder if I am slightly autistic or worse a psycho/sociopath
"clint Wayne"