Thursday, July 26, 2007

Another Comment I Left

Here is my comment for an article that is worth reading:

Of Marx, Christ, and the Persecution of Radicals: How Will Humanity Survive the Capitalist Threat?


As always, I think your writing is "spot on" and eloquently written. It gives me hope to know that there are others out there that see the world the way it actually is. People that are fed up with the lack of free thought and compassion that they are actually craving but know not why they can never attain.

PROGRAMMED RESPONSES

This is part of our training in life; from cradle to grave, we are bombarded with images, sounds, literature and any other impulse that can have an affect. This is all designed to mold us into the "productive member of society" that feeds this parasitic system.

I know not of the moment that I attained freedom and sometimes, I think that it was far easier prior to my awakening. Then I remember what it was like; easy, boring, thoughtless but I always thought there had to be more.

THERE HAS TO BE MORE TO LIFE THAN THE QUEST FOR CASH

Jason mentioned "survival of the fittest" I must disagree. Survival of the Richest, maybe, but it does not take any survival instincts or intelligence to acquire money. It takes cunning and moral flexibility.

Free your minds and this is not just the U.S.; this is the world. (most of it, for those of you that think linear) Back away from Vista, the iPhone and all other forms of materialistically filling the void that you so crave to fill in your empty little lives.

Free thought is the only thing that will evolve us as a species.

And because it was so well written and so correct, thank you Jason and:

"I do not belong nor militate in any formal communist party in the U.S. Nor do I belong to any other political entity or party. Furthermore, I do not subscribe to a specific doctrine, ideology, or dogma. My allegiance is to my core principles and values, which are premised on honesty, justice, humanity, responsibility, critical thinking, open-mindedness, egalitarianism, compassion, a belief in a Higher Power of my understanding, and many of the teachings of Christ."

1 comment:

Unknown said...

"The idea that I am the body or the mind is so deep that one cannot get over it even if convinced otherwise. One experiences a dream and knows it to be unreal on waking. Waking experience is unreal in other states. So each state contradicts the others. They are therefore mere changes taking place in the seer, or phenomena appearing in the Self, which is unbroken and remains unaffected by them. Just as the waking, dream
and sleep states are phenomena, so also birth, growth and death are
phenomena in the Self. which continues to be unbroken and unaffected. Birth and death are only ideas. They pertain to the body or the mind. The Self exists before the birth of this body and will remain after the death of this body. So it is with the series of bodies taken up in succession. The Self is immortal. The phenomena are changeful and appear mortal. The fear of death is of the body. It is not true of the Self. Such fear is due to ignorance."
- Sri Ramana Maharshi